Friends Hidden in the Pages




Tucked into the notebook/journal I am perusing today are two handwritten recipes from long ago and one I copied from a long forgotten book. The main ingredient for each recipe is oats: remember the Key West stockpile; well, I still have three bags of oats left and I won't tell you how many bags of beans.

January 2013






I used a bit of this and a bit of that from the three recipes and made this version of Oat Biscuits.



Combine 1 1/2 cups oats with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and let rest for 1 hour.  After an hour, add 1 beaten egg, 1/2 t salt, 2t of cane syrup, and 1t vanilla extract and beat very well.



Spread on flat well greased pan and bake 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Cut into fingers when cool.

Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee for breakfast 


There are many versions of Oat Macaroons online; some like my friend's with cocoa and peanut butter, and some like Vera's from the UK with dessert spoons of syrup.  Find one you like and make your own version.

As for me, I am happy to say I have eliminated another notebook!

Comments

Popular Posts