January 4, 2020




The Lord is my light and my salvation...
Psalm 27:1


These early days of the new year I am reviewing the traditions of my life experiences: from the little things like birthday cakes with candles, Easter baskets with chocolate eggs, Christmas with Santa's cookies; to the bigger things like a heart open to strangers, a purse open to needy, a smile of comfort to the sorrowful. Traditions are the means for passing on my inner self: my family heritage and my spiritual heritage.  Yet, even though I have many enjoyable traditions,  I always try to establish additional  ones and seize new opportunities and experiences from friends and neighbors or the web-like the Christmas tree created from books, a tradition I started a few years ago.

Bibliophile's Christmas Tree


What is your favorite or most unusual tradition?

Comments

  1. The girls and I use to do our own happy song and dance at midnight, New Year's Day. Traci texted words shortly after midnight on this past Wednesday. Even though we were not in the same city, the tradition, brought us together.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the idea of a happy song and dance when a new year begins; that's a tradition I plan on starting. I did a happy dance when I saw your comment!!
      Happy New Year to You, VeronicaDee

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts