January 18, 2020



Today is Thesaurus Day



The Thesaurus is a reference book that has been used for hundreds of years.  It  helps improve the quality of writing.  The Thesaurus lists synonyms (words with the same or similar meaning) ; as well as antonyms...words with opposite meaning.  But why am I even writing about this?? Because I realized my bookshelf no longer has a thesaurus nor for that matter a dictionary. These books for me as well as for many others have moved almost completely to the digital world.



Book trees can not be made with digital copies


I guess writing my journal on a computer and storing it in a cloud made me think about books "migrating to the digital world" and how I need to embrace hard-copies and the library more often. 


The fact is- I have not been to the library since I returned from the Pacific Northwest. I can not believe I have admitted to that fact, but I have resolved to go once a month in 2020. Here are a few ideas I have for things to do in the library:

  • Read books from a random section
  • Explore the reference section (and look through a thesaurus)
  • Read books written by local authors
  • Attend the next Friends of the Library sale
  • Go to a book reading
  • Remember to be kind to the librarians
How long has it been since you went to the library?

He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he.  Proverbs 16:20

Comments

Popular Posts