Elderberry Syrup




Making elderberry syrup





Raw Honey


Finished




Being the Organic Gamma I am, I like my elderberries in a not too sweet tea form; but Jenny Wren wants hers in a more concentrated sweet syrup. I make it much like the tea except I cook it until the water is reduced by half and add a whole cup of honey.  

Ingredients

  • 1 cup dried elderberries
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 4 whole cloves
  • 1 inch of  fresh ginger
  • 1 cup raw honey
Instructions
  • In a large pot , bring all of the above ingredients except the honey to a boil.
  • Simmer about 40 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half
  • When cool strain the liquid
  • Add the raw honey and mix well
  • Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two month.
Adults can take 1 tablespoon daily throughout the flu season to keep colds away
Should something appears to be coming on, the dose can be increased to 2 or 3 times a day for a few days.



Comments

Popular Posts