A Meal of Raw Kale







People sometimes lose their heads in Key West and maybe that's what I did when I decided to continue the juice/blend into a second week with a slight modification: Willie and I would eat a raw meal for supper.  What that really means, is the same green juice items for dinner unblended.  But oh my goodness, you would not believe how delicious a salad of romaine, cilantro, avocado, and lime can be.  I felt like dancing for joy!!


http://www.greenworldgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Dancing-Statue.jpg


 The next night I used the large romaine leaves as a base and arranged thin slices of carrots, red pepper, cucumber, onion, and cilantro on top.  Another hit!



But what  was missing was some heat.  So I decided to add some warmth to last night's dinner.




I removed the stems and finely chopped a bunch of curly kale. 




The chopped kale was placed in a plastic bag with a marinade of the juice of two limes, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 teaspoon olive oil.  The bag was placed in the refrigerator for four hours.  Just before serving, the marinated kale was allowed to wilt in a cast iron frying pan on warm. (Must watch closely as it is just to wilt not cook.)


Sprinkle the kale with raw sesame seeds.







Dinner was grated beet root salad and the warm kale served with a tahini sauce.  It was wonderful!






 I felt like swinging or at least sitting on the porch watching the canal.






Comments

Popular Posts