Pasta Carbonara Before A Juice Fast




Willie and I have decided to go on a juice detox this weekend.  We talked about it over fried fish and grits last night at dinner.  With the thought of nothing but all that green healthy juice, I decided what we needed for supper tonight is pasta; creamy, cheesy, pasta carbonara with salty bacon for Willie. (Now, I'm an advocate of preparedness and stockpiling carbs before a juice fast just seems like a good idea to me.) There are several variations of  this pasta dish but this is the way I prepare what my family calls "eggs and pasta".


As you can see, the first thing I did was cook the pasta. ( I like fettuccine but any of the spaghetti noodles will do.) 



Next, I diced 4 slices of thick cut bacon, one onion and three garlic cloves.




Into the cast iron pan, I placed the bacon and cooked it slowly until it was crispy.





I removed the bacon and drained off most of the grease from the frying pan.




 I added the onion and after about 3 minutes the garlic.  These were cooked slowly until they looked translucent and lightly browned.




The cooked pasta is stirred into the pan with the onion and garlic and sauteed until hot (the bacon would also be added here but it's for Willie not me).





Whisk the three eggs and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.





Remove the pan from the heat and slowly whisk in the eggs being careful to not scramble them.




I whisked in the freshly grated Parmesan reggiano cheese and  additional salt and pepper.





I sprinkled lots of bacon on Willie's pasta.



Now, what was that about a juice fast??


Comments

Popular Posts