An Orange Julius in Carmel and Another in the Keys


Just could not bring myself to drink a green juice this morning.  Now, don't get me wrong, I can put together some really delicious green smoothies; but this morning, I dreamed of something frothy and creamy and definitely not green.   As I stared at my blender,  I decided to make a mock orange julius.  The first time I  remember drinking and enjoying an Orange Julius was when I lived in Carmel-By-The-Sea  many years ago. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Carmel_Monterey_Cypress.jpg
Carmel, CA (Wikipedia photo)



I'm not really sure what the ingredients are for today's Orange Julius (owned now by Dairy Queen) but the drink I enjoyed in the '70's  was creamy and frothy and icy and definitely not green. Plus, it tasted of orange and vanilla,  two of my favorite flavors.  So, with blender in hand, I decided to make a non-green breakfast smoothie.



Wash 1 orange.




Peel and chop into small pieces checking for seeds to remove.



Place 8ozs of homemade almond milk into blender.



Add 1 tsp-- no make that 2 tsps bee pollen.



Use 1 scoop of Sun Warrior Vanilla Protein Powder.



Add enough ice cubes to make 4 cups on the blender.



Blend well and enjoy!


My morning smoothie was icy and creamy and frothy and not the least green.  It was wonderful!!

Comments

Popular Posts