Raw Juicing/Blending Key's Style







Sloppy Joe's Bar is a historic bar in Key West, Florida.  Every tourist visiting the Florida Keys takes at least one picture of Ernest Hemingway's favorite drinking spot. A place where blenders and juices abound.  


And, another of the lighthouse that lit his way home.  But the juicing/blending I am sharing will not effect your sense of direction and will provide you with healthy energy too.  

As you know I have a Blendtec high speed blender. I will use it to make the "meals" Willie and I eat over the next week.  I do not have a juicer but could use my nut milk bag to remove the pulp from my blended juices; however, we plan on drinking all of the blended fruits and veggies. (It does however make a much thicker drink more like a smoothie.) The secret, I think, to perfect smoothies and juice blends is to put the liquids in first, add the solids, and place the frozen items or ice cubes on the top. 

I will be sharing recipes with you throughout thus week as well as a few pictures of the Florida Keys.


Now to put the fruit and veggies into the blender!




Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Where are the apples and carrots? I see the Ginger, but you gotta have some apples and carrots. Celtic sea salt must be a nod to your roots mmmm? Looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put an apple in today's blog--the carrots are hiding in the refrigerator.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts