The Dry Tortugas National Park and Coffee




http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Fort-Jefferson_Dry-Tortugas.jpg


Fort Jefferson is an unfinished brick fort surrounded by sea water (located at zero sea level) with no natural  fresh water ; hence the name The Dry Tortugas.


Fort Jefferson is located within the Dry Tortugas National Park.  The park is  68 miles west of Key West and can be visited only by sea or air.  This national park was established October 26, 1992 and protects the southwest edge of Florida's coral reef.  The reef is actually one of the world's largest; third after Australia and Belize.




Although this fort was never completed, it was held by the Union Army during the Civil War and used as a prison. Perhaps the most infamous convict was Dr. Samuel Mudd, who was imprisoned at Ft. Jefferson for conspiracy to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln.




Now, this picture of a sunrise and the association of mud as a slang for coffee is how I plan on making the transition into what my blog is really about: drinking coffee on a juice/blend feast. 





But you do have to admit that Willie's pictures are really worthy of a blog of their own.




Well,  it's day six of the blended feast that I have been enjoying and I thought I would share  one of my darkest secrets.  I'm still drinking coffee every morning.  I know, the purpose of this blended feast was a body detox.  But, I really love getting up early in the morning and drinking a cup or two or three of coffee.  Also, I really hate the headaches caused by caffeine withdrawal.  I have decided the benefits of my morning coffee during this fast out weigh the harm .   I am drinking less coffee each morning than I usually do; I actually seem to be satisfied with just one cup.



 For now, I plan on enjoying my morning newspaper with a cup of organic shade grown coffee.

Comments

Popular Posts