Florida Keys-Pineapple, Coconut -and I'm not Talking about a Pina Colada


It's 5:00 and I'm in the Florida Keys.  I have frozen organic pineapple and coconut but I'm not making Pina Coladas for you. 

First, I'm making  frozen Pineapple yogurt in my Blendtec blender.

Ingredients
  • 3 cups frozen fresh pineapple (cut in chunks)
  • 1 cup plain yogurt (if you want a sweeter frozen yogurt use vanilla)
  • 1/4 cup organic agave
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla


Directions
Add ingredients to Blendtec and pulse 6-8 times to break up frozen pineapple.  Select "Frozen Yogurt".
 
It is ready to serve from the blender as soft serve but I wanted to wait; I had coconut to use, so into the freezer it went.

I do have a coconut to crack open but I  didn't use it for this recipe. I did use its husk to pot this plant, though.

But for this "joyous" candy recipe, the coconut came out of a bag.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
  • 1/3 cup Almond Butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil + 1 Tablespoon for coating
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
  • 24 raw almonds soaked and dried (I keep soaked and dried seeds and nuts on hand)
Soak almonds in filtered water for 8 hours in order to increase digestibility and enzyme activity.


Dry about 24 hours in dehydrator at 95 degrees to make crunchy.

I like the Excalibur.

Directions
  Mix coconut, almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla in a medium sized bowl.

Place in refrigerator for about 10 minutes.

Remove from refrigerator and make small teaspoon sized balls (made 24). Place back into refrigerator.

Place chocolate chips and the 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in double boiler (I use two pots).

Cook stirring over hot not boiling water until melted smooth and shiny.
Dip cold coconut candies into the chocolate coating.

Put on a rack to dry and then place into the refrigerator. (*This coating will become very soft if left out of the refrigerator too long.) Remove from refrigerator when ready to serve.

I had leftover chocolate so I dipped some apricots.

I poured some peanuts into the pot to use the last of the chocolate.

Coconut candy in a holiday dish

Pineapple ice cream in a bowl


Pineapple and coconut,  my two favorite flavors to enjoy,  while sitting on my deck at 5:00 in the Florida Keys.

Comments

  1. I am trying not to be horribly jealous!!! Everything looks and sounds sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts