Stopping by for A Donut Muffin and A Smoothie!!

Willie  came home from work last night and let me know that some of the people he works with were going to pick him up for work in the morning and he had invited them for breakfast smoothies and muffins.  Well, I make smoothies every morning and I love to bake so that should make it a "no problem, son" statement.  But, I am getting ready to head north for the holidays and that means convenience foods in the house are low.  Do you think other people eat Spirulina smoothies  and whole grain muffins for breakfast? I was worried I might upset the non-real-foodies.

I always put bananas in my smoothies but I couldn't use these-too green.  

So,  I made smoothies using just organic apple juice with a few other additions.

Ingredients (4 serving)
3 cups organic Apple juice
4 scoops of non-GMA Spiru-Tein protein powder
4 teaspoons Spirulina
4 Tablespoons Aloe Vera juice
1 cup ice cups

Directions
Place ingredients in Blendtec blender (or blender of your choice) beginning with juice and ending with ice.  Press Smoothie button. Serve.

Found some pumpkin in the freezer from last produce shipment, so guess I'll make pumpkin muffins.

Ingredients for Muffins
3 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
1 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1/2 cup coconut oil

Ingredients for Topping
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon 
1/4 cup butter

Directions (so busy at 6:00 this morning I forgot to take pictures of the muffin until they were done)
  1. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
  2. Blend yogurt, vanilla and pumpkin puree in a small bowl.
  3. In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and coconut oil well then add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition.
  4. Add dry ingredients and pumpkin mixture alternately into sugar and egg mixture.  Mix well but do not beat too hard.
  5. Fill 12 greased and floured (or use papers) muffin cups 2/3 full and place in a 350 preheated oven. ( I put a pan of water on the bottom rack to provide moisture.) 
  6. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
  7. Let cool 10 minutes.
 Melt butter

 Combine sugar and cinnamon

Place muffin top into butter

  and then into sugar mixture.

Let cool an additional 10 minutes.

Enjoy, Willie's co workers did !!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts