Raw Carrots-Juice -Salad-How to Use Them All!!



My box from Annie's Organic Buying last week was full of beta carotene veggies - so since I have already cooked up the sweet potatoes and pumpkins for you, I thought I would toast you with carrot juice.  The Healthy Benefits of fresh carrot juice are so many that it is often called the wonder juice. So lets drink to that!




Ingredients
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1 cup fresh orange juice (I use the whole fruit-just peel, seed and section)
  • 2 cups carrots, well scrubbed, roughly chopped, approximately 3 large carrots
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (I use the half a lemon-seeded and peeled)
  • 1 teaspoon ginger root
  • 3/4 cup ice cubes 




 I add the ingredients to the Blendtec blender container in the above order (you must have a high powered blender to make this juice).  Place lid on tightly.  Select "Whole Juice",  blend,  and enjoy. (Makes a very thick juice. I like all the fiber; but if you want it thinner, the juice can be placed in a nut bag and strained or add more water.)
This juice is best served as soon as it is made.  To store,  place the juice in a glass jar with a screw on lid.



I do have a lot of carrots, so I thought since the juice gave me so much energy I'd make a carrot salad, too. 



Ingredients for Salad
  • 2 cups grated carrots 
  • 1 large apple cored and chopped
  • 2 stalks celery chopped
  • 1/2 cup pecans
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (to keep the apples from browning)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium size bowl 


Ingredients for Salad Dressing
  • 3 Tablespoons plain yogurt (you may use sour cream)
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
  • Dash of salt
  • Nutmeg -grated over the salad before serving
Combine all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.  Add the dressing to the salad mixing in well.
Chill before serving.  Place in a serving dish and grate a sprinkling of nutmeg over the top before serving.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts