Cure for the Common Cold- or at least a way to feel better!

I had another blog ready to post for today but my niece, Pooh, commented on Facebook that she and her family are sick and have a terrible cough.  So, I thought I would add a few more homemade germ fighters.


First, a warm soak in the bath using one of my homemade bath salts relaxes and calms an aching body.  The basis for the bath salts is Epsom salt mixed with a little sea salt, baking soda and
essential oils of your choice.  



Wellness Bath Salt
  1. Place one cup of Epsom salt in a glass bowl
  2. Add 1/2 cup pure sea salt and 1/2 cup baking soda
  3. Then add 10 drops of essential oils of your choice mixing very well. (I use Germ Fighter, Lavender, and Lemon.  Eucalyptus oil helps with chest congestion and Tea Tree is a great anti-viral.)
 Fill the bath tub with warm water and pour in the bath salts making sure they are dissolved. Soak for about 20 minutes.


 I had already made this for one of Pooh's presents so I'll give it to her early.

Since one of Pooh's little ones has a cough,  I'm also sharing my homemade cough recipe.





Cough Syrup 

  1. Place 2 Tablespoons raw honey in a glass cup (*Honey is not to be used for children under 2 years of age.)
  2. Add 2 Tablespoons organic lemon juice
  3.  Add 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger juice (I use my garlic press for this)

4.  Stir in well 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
5.  Finally, add 1 Tablespoon water or more to taste.
* For the little one I suggest substituting one pulverized peppermint candy drop for the pepper. (I like to add the peppermint to the mixture along with the cayenne pepper for myself.)


Funnel into a dark bottle and take 1 teaspoon as needed for a cough.


My final advice to you and my loved ones is to remember to drink lots of water, get plenty of rest, and eat lots of fruits and vegetables!

Comments

Popular Posts