Organic Food Pantry Stockpile



Let them gather all the food of those good years that come...and that food shall be for store ...that the land perish not through famine. Genesis 41:35-36

I grew up in a family that believed in full pantries:
My mom's parents had a small family farm in Bradley Junction.  The pantry was always full of canned goods, the freezer was packed with home raised meat, and dried corn for feeding the animals filled the corn crib.  Citrus fruit of all types ripened throughout the year, so it was easy to grab an orange whenever you wanted one.
 Even though I grew up moving every 4 years and living in a small mobile home, my military family also believed in stocking the cabinets full.  Goodies brought home after a Christmas visit to Bradley Junction and trips to the Commissary once a month  filled our little trailer to the brim.
I tried to continue the family farm tradition in Hawthorne as I raised my family on fresh farm produce, eggs, and local fruits and honey.  Then, I slowly got away from gathering.


Willie believes in prepping and he inspired me to gather food again.  Last year was a good year and I filled every little shelf with food preps.  Now, Willie will be leaving the Keys and I will begin a new adventure in the Orlando area so the food must be separated and divided between us.  Many preppers believe in buying processed convenience foods and bulk packages of white flour, white sugar, white rice, and beans thrown in, not I.  I attempt to gather whole foods. So, I thought I would begin clearing one shelf at a time and share my stores with you as I do.

Middle shelf

Twenty pounds of food

I couldn't believe I had 20 pounds of food stuffed on that shelf.


I always write the shelf life date on the package so I can see it easily.  These are the whole food items I planned on quickly using so I did not repackage them. ( Once I open my raw foods I store them in the refrigerator to prevent them becoming rancid.)
The raw food on this shelf:
  • Flax seeds
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Sesame seeds
  • Carob powder
  • Coconut shreds
  • Cashews
  • Goji berries
I will share some recipes using these items in future posts.


These were the convenience items (ingredients read for lack of harmful products) on the shelf:
  • Butter chicken curry paste  (The paste for the chicken curry works well with tofu or veggies also.)
  • Malaysian curry powder
  • Falafel mix
  • Coconut cream powder
  • Rice cake flour
  • Rice sticks noodles
  • Corn pasta
What kinds of organic foods do you stockpile?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts