Quick Soft Boiled Eggs and Soldiers

Saturday Salvation Army Vintage Egg Cups Purchase

Saturday mornings are usually spent by Willie and me exploring other people's treasures at tag sales and thrift stores.  This Saturday I found 4 vintage egg cups with a Lilly of the Valley pattern for 49 cents each.  The cups brought memories of soft boiled eggs and toast called soldiers made for me by my mom.


At the next tag sale,  I found these two porcelain cups for a total of 25 cents .


Finding two sets of egg cups within 30 minutes, decided Sunday's breakfast for me.   Soft Boiled Eggs and Soldiers it is.

Cut fingers of whole grain bread.


Drizzle with butter, Dijon mustard, parsley, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. 

Bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes-turning over after 10 minutes.


Place eggs in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let eggs remain in hot water for three minutes. Pour off hot water.  Cool down briefly in cool water.


 Remove top of egg.


Dip soldiers into the soft yolk.


Breakfast was completed with organic grapefruit halves sectioned using a grapefruit knife found
at the Salvation Army for 49 cents.


The end of  a thrifty and delicious breakfast.



Comments

  1. My mommy made this for me too. Of course our bread was just toated and buttered. Not as fancy and delicious looking as yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts