A+ Organic Coconut Butter





Artisana is delicious coconut butter. The site describes their coconut butter as freshly made from whole coconut flesh and pureed into a fiberous, densely nutritious spread with no additives only pure coconut. I have always purchased this butter but look into my jar-


As you can see, the jar is empty and I am in Paradise without a Whole Foods Store.  So, I decided to make my own A+ Coconut Butter.  Coconut butter is made from dried coconut and I had some in my food storage.


100% Organic Coconut



Really finely shredded.






Over 4 cups (really too much coconut)


After dumping the two bags of coconut into my Blendtec, I began processing.  I operated the machine on high speed stopping now and then to adjust the coconut within the blender container (do not attempt this without a high speed blender).  The machine worked hard and if I had not been completely out of coconut oil,  I would have added a bit of oil to ease the processing. Next time I will use less coconut, too.


Butter coming together.





The end result refilled my coconut butter jar and 1/2 cup more.  The coconut butter I made is a little less creamy than the Artisana but it was quick and easy to make and costs less too.  I think I'll try to make the chocolate version next.

Comments

Popular Posts