Tiny House Vanilla


How sweet are Your words to my tastes. Psalm 119:103


What do you do when you find no vanilla in Williefishornot's cupboard? Why make some of course.


I shared my homemade vanilla for the first time as Organic Gamma in my November 2012 blog.
However, with everything having to be much smaller in a tiny house, I thought I would share a downsized recipe.



Ingredients 
  • 1  1/2 cups Vodka (750ml-80proof)  
  • 6 vanilla beans (B grade is fine)
  • That's it- no strange and unusual ingredients needed to make this wonderful extract.
Directions
  1. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the vodka into a glass jar
  2. Place cut vanilla beans in the jar . I use my kitchen shears to cut the pods into 1/2 inch pieces . 
  3. Give the jar a shake -put the lid on tightly  first 
  4. Store in a dark place, shaking when you think about it for at least 6 to twelve weeks




Words for today:
Psalm 34:8
Philippians 4:18

Comments

Popular Posts