December 31, 2019



Step outside yourself


The year's end is a time to make a new start. First my environment: wash the stove so the first meal of the New Year is prepared on a clean surface, wash the front door and entrance so the first guest enters a clean home. Then, for a new spirit; I need to take time to look around and be aware of what is happening around me: care for someone whose wounds are apparent or maybe only visible through their eyes, prepare a meal for a neighbor or a neighborhood, give of myself to those in need. Finally a new start in my faith: experience peace, sing out with joy, embrace hope, search for insights of Scripture, unlearn fear.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new...
2 Corinthians 5:17






Comments

Popular Posts