Tomorrow is National Popcorn Day







All that's missing are the apples and cheese


 
As I wrote in a previous blog, corn is definitely a part of my food storage.  I have some organic ground meal and grits as part of my preps but the majority of my corn is organic popcorn. This article found at Happy Preppers lists 8 reasons for prepping popcorn. For example, organic popcorn can be ground into meal with the same qualities as processed corn meal and it is more likely to be non-GMO. (And, there is nothing as good as a bowl of apples, popcorn, and cheese topped with nutritional yeast for Sunday supper.) Popcorn is a winter time staple in our family;  also, perfect for Netflix binging or watching TV football. 


Popping corn releases available nutrients

 I thought I would send this out today so you would have time to check out this book before National Popcorn Day: Popcorn Recipes by Mary Hamilton Talbott. This cookbook was written in 1916 and provides some interesting ways to prepare popcorn.  Many of the recipes use popped corn, so the bound nutrients are made available. I can not wait to try the Meatless Pop Corn Cutlet.
 
 
Butterscotch celebrating a day early




 






Comments

Popular Posts