Water with Sass



"Sassy water is spruced up water named by Prevention magazine in honor of its inventor Cynthia Sass, who created it for the "Flat Belly Diet". Sassy water is delicious. The cucumber and lemon are natural diurectics. The ginger and spearmint help relieve bloating."



I have been looking for a way to drink the 8 glasses of water (at least) suggested on the Daniel Plan.  I had no problem with all the veggies the plan suggests but I was drowning in the water.  Then, I was introduced to Sassy Water;  not only does it taste good but it helps with shedding pounds around the midsection.  The original recipe's ingredients are: lemon to cleanse and alkaline the body, cucumber to shed excess water, ginger to boost metabolism, and mint to aid digestion. 

Once I made the original recipe a few times I decided to change it up to suit my tastes.



Lime, cucumber, ginger, rosemary, mixed berries



The addition of rosemary came from having a plant in my garden; but it is interesting to note that Queen Elisabeth of Hungary said that rosemary water helped regain her beauty and her strength. That would be an exciting benefit. It is also a powerhouse antioxidant as well as a memory booster.
 I like the pop of color added by the berries so I always throw in a few frozen mixed berries; and lime I just find more refreshing than lemon.

 
Sassy Water
 
8 cups of filtered water
1 lime thinly sliced
1 small cucumber thinly slices
1 inch of ginger root thinly sliced
2 stalks of rosemary (4 inches each)
Handful of frozen mixed berries
Mix together all ingredients and let marry overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy!! 

Comments

Popular Posts