Daniel Came to Dinner-Day 1






Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat.
Daniel 1:12
 

 
The usual American diet is high in processed foods and animal products and low in whole grains and plant proteins. Too much cholesterol, saturated fats, and calories find many Americans overweight or obese and at risk of heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.  As an Organic Gamma, I always felt myself a little better nutritionally than the average American (yes, there it is, that sin of pride) but the scales don't lie.  So, I decided to try out the five "F"s" of the Daniel Plan as it leads to a healthier life. 
 
Many books have been written about the Daniel Plan, developed by the team at Saddleback Church under the leadership of Pastor Rick Warren, and I recommend you seek one out if this life change is an interest to you.  My purpose is to blog my food path as I attempt to follow this plan for the next 10 days and I will give references where used.
 

 
 
Let food be thy medicine, and medicine thy food.
Hippocrates
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts